What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design a New Photoshop Gurus Forum Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibclare

Queen Bee
That was such a great "design your own google" contest, that we thought it would be fun to do one for the forum logo.

Every two or three years we redo the logo officially. Whether or not this will be official or unofficial, I hope you'll want to join in. We can reserve the designs for the next logo change if necessary. Admin will decide where we are with this.

So, this can be any style you wish to use; any colors you think are appropriate. Just remember, logos need to be fairly simple and clear. Also, it should work on a black BG, so keep that in mind.

Here are a few versions of a logo I made about a year ago as a google inspired image. Changed things around a bit. Just to get you going. Use your imagination. Don't let it be restricted by anything PSG has had before.

PSG-Logo_Idea_2.jpgPSG-Logo_Idea_2a.jpgPSG-Logo_Idea_1.jpgPSG-Logo_Idea_1a.jpg

If you decide to join in, have fun and wow us. Don't hurry to finish one. This thread can stay active awhile.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Maybe you remember this, the original inspiration. Plus, dv8 says there used to be a starburst type logo, but that was 2003.

google-inspired.jpg

iDad

Guru
Don't fix what's not broken.

ibclare

Queen Bee
. . . and change in this world comes much faster than the change in our logo. Oh yes, I know plenty of businesses are known by their iconic logos, but somehow I don't think we'll be mistaken for another entity. Besides, we're designers, so why shouldn't we design every so often. And you may remember, it was just 3 years ago, the logo changed. No complaints that I'm aware of, but it's in every person's POV. I like the idea, obviously.

MikeMc

McGuru
. . . Besides, we're designers, so why shouldn't we design every so often. And you may remember, it was just 3 years ago, the logo changed. .

Well I am not talented or educated enough to be a designer. I am a simple shooter, who loves the image, strives for "one better" And as I think back of current shooters and past masters, I feel tradition. I do like the current logo, and as Images go its only a "pup" at 3.

Freshen things up...crisper simpler, but lets keep a good recognizable element, so all Gurus remember and have a common bond to share

:flamethro::flamethro:NOPE....NOT MY POINT.....:yourock::cheesygrin:

I couldn't find the 2 pennies !

ibclare

Queen Bee
Nice tonk. I know that as of now, the owner has not had anything to say about our doing this, much less getting any prizes for doing so. But I really do like your submission.

However, I would like to see it with color added, as so many of us see color as being an integral part of using Photoshop. That is not to say that I don't like what you have done. It is elegant and simple. How about just adding a color gradient, either to the PSG or to the Photoshop Gurus line. That would preserve the elegance but add a touch of color.

Anyway, I like the first one a lot (not so much the second) and I'm glad you spent some time on it. I hope others will, but without the incentive from the owner . . .

ibclare

Queen Bee
Here is what I had in mind, something like this left to your imagination if you want to give it a shot. After selecting the PSG letters, I made the layer for the gradient. Then I made the gradient. Using the same selection I copied the PSG from the original, placed it above, set it to multiply and reduced the opacity. This replaced some of the grey gradient you put across it.

PSGlogo.jpg

Lind Designs

Nice tonk. I know that as of now, the owner has not had anything to say about our doing this, much less getting any prizes for doing so.But I really do like your submission.

However, I would like to see it with color added, as so many of us see color as being an intgral part of using Photoshop. That is not to say that I don't like what you have done. It is elegant and simple. How about just adding a coor gradient, either to the PSG or to the Photoshop Gurus line. That would preserve the elegance but add a touch of color.

Anyway, I like the first one a lot (not so much the second) and I'm glad you spent some time on it. I hope others will, but without the incentive from the owner . . .
I totally see what you're saying. Also, I will do a few more versions. I don't mind not having incentive on making logos, I just kinda have a passion for it and like doing it.

Lind Designs

Here is what I had in mind, something like this left to your imagination if you want to give it a shot. After selecting the PSG letters, I made the layer for the gradient. Then I made the gradient. Using the same selection I copied the PSG from the original, placed it above, set it to multiply and reduced the opacity. This replaced some of the grey gradient you put across it.

View attachment 46427
Yeah, I'm very familiar with gradients, as my favorite program is Illustrator, and they have a very good gradient tool.

iDesign

Going to have a go at something, but be easy as its only my second post :).

iDesign

PSG Logo.jpg
Heres a quick design I just put together using similar colours to the current logo. Let me know what you think :confused:.​

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like it. I would just like it to be more compact, more like a self-contained logo. HI'm not saying you should change it is your artist's eye, not mine. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Like this
psg-1.jpg
psg-2.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hummm..that's nice but to me it doesn't feel right. Kinda puts u in mind of shopping for a new suit.

Edit: Geezzz..what happened..I looked away for a minute and it all changed!! :banghead:

Last edited:

iDesign

I like it. I would just like it to be more compact, more like a self-contained logo. HI'm not saying you should change it is your artist's eye, not mine. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks. I have something in mind to change that. Ill get it done today sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.