What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 21 : imaginary world

fotograffiti

Power User
Beautiful!

many hours and many layers later

And I know what you mean. I gave up counting after 60 layers on my most elaborate one.

Attachments

• world.jpg
    world.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Beautiful work foto. My criticism is that the figures are floating. Shadowing would take care of that and some of the grasses painted over their feet/legs to put them within the surroundings. The figures also have some white halo which refine mask or refine edge and a little mask touchup would fix. But I love the idea and the execution in other respects.

"fotograffiti;

many hours and many layers later"

And I know what you mean. I gave up counting after 60 layers on my most elaborate one.

PS: is anyone else having trouble with the reply with quote function?

Last edited:

fotograffiti

Power User
Clare, they have their shadow :) but you are right about the feet.
I don't understand why the white halo was there.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I can't be sure about the white halo but go to refine mask or edge and place the object on a black background and you'll be able to see the edges and if there are halos and where. Alternatively, just make a black background layer below the figures, zoom in to the edges and check them. Either way is what I do when I don't use the pen tool. Well, actually, no matter which selection tool I use, as I zoom while using it. I zoom the edges almost or directly to pixel view so I can remove gray/white pixels, or create the pen tool points within the outline rather than just along it, avoiding the incidence of haloing.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Wow, you all are doing such different takes on the fantasy "map" idea that I am very impressed. Mabe not so impressed enough as to do one similarly -- following in your footsteps. Of course, you know all great paintings, photography, math, literature, etc., builds on what has been crated before it. Like an ever expanding pyramid. So maybe I should! Follow in your great footsteps. On further thought (2 minutes worth), Nah.

Great work all.

I think this challenge is coming to an end. Is that so fotogafitti?

inkpad.t

Guru
Than you so much...

Considering i join here around 18 months ago ( i think ), i never thought i could get to this stage at all seeing as I had never manipulated or painted anything in Photoshop before then. This challenge and this image has give me an idea for another challenge, this image was created with only 2 separate images , and one of them was just a rock.

I used only 1 Photoshop tool to do it, apart form some minor painting, and all with the built in brushes within Photoshop.

So whoever wins the challenge i will still set a challenge forward anyway.

Thanks again everyone.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the separate challenge idea inkpad. It often happens, as we all know, that one kind of challenge appeals to some, not others. Whether or not, it's fun to have more than one going. I find it inspirational fun in my creative downtimes. Which lately are quite a few more than I would like.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks again everyone.

Maybe the challenge i was going to put forward after thinking about it has been done before or would be too boring for a challenge .

I was going to say or put forward that the challenge was to only use The Built in tools of Photoshop, The Brushes and mainly the tool i used on this image which was the WARP tool.

I used 1 image of a rock and duplicated it many times , then merge them together and warp them to create the shape rocks in the image. one image of the funny shape rock in the middle and the rest was painted, lighting,atmosphere, and lights etc.

I also used one layer using the clouds filter, then used a mask, applied the same cloud filter to the mask and then inverted the mask. Then used the perspective tool which all aloud me to get the main clouds and atmosphere and then used soft light, then painted over that.

So the challenge i was going to do was to use 2 main images and warp them in to any image you want them to be, only using the tools of Photoshop paint or do or add anything you want to create the overall image, but i guess that's a boring challenge .

But thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
The challenge is now closed. We'll have a winner and a brand new, exciting challenge.

Poll to follow soon.

Good work everybody!