What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 21 : imaginary world

fotograffiti

Power User
It was great doing the surrealistic images.
Thank you for voting for me.
I came up with this idea yesterday :

Create your own world

It could be anything, it could be a map or a landscape.

Some random examples

WM_Chapter5_20100905.pngThe_Map_of_OZ_by_Otaku_X.jpgcreative-faity-imaginary-world-ads-3.jpg757246-bigthumbnail.jpg

Take your time, entries before midnight May 4th.

Please enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

ibclare

Queen Bee
This looks like a fantastic challenge, haha. I read a fair amount of fantasy, some based on historical fact, some not, like Tolkein and many others. I love the maps and look forward to creating one with some scenes to illustrate the locales, the desmaines. Sometimes the maps are hard to understand and leave out key places in the stories, so it will be interesting to see if I can create a simplistic one to follow; maybe with a short story line. This looks like a unique and fun challenge.

Thanks fotograffiti.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I figured since I already spent all day on this, I would do one more before I slunk off to bed . . . hot tub for the aching back first. Anyway, I am posting my results on the city's informal board.

I know my maps don't have the circular shape of some, but I am working based on satellite photos and it's just easier. (had to do some part of this more easily)

This is the Lay of the Land, Most Southwesterly Pacifica del Sol.

EDIT: had the energy to finish this today. Ran out of steam last night, lol. Click a few times on the image to enlarge.

COUNTY.jpg

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I hope we see some more imaginative entries. These can take a lot of work. I spent 7 hours on the first and 5 on the second, but I loved doing it. My predilection for fantasy and sci fi, and my occasional dissatisfaction with some of the maps made for the books, made me determined to provide more clear designations. I hope I succeeded in that.

C'mon y'all. I want to see Zeealex do a sci-fi imaginary battlefield and outpost with warriors and battlements!

I know we have some great creativity on the forum. Inkpad, how about an insanity nation?

fotograffiti

Power User
I hope we see some more imaginative entries. These can take a lot of work. I spent 7 hours on the first and 5 on the second, but I loved doing it. My predilection for fantasy and sci fi, and my occasional dissatisfaction with some of the maps made for the books, made me determined to provide more clear designations. I hope I succeeded in that.

C'mon y'all. I want to see Zeealex do a sci-fi imaginary battlefield and outpost with warriors and battlements!

I know we have some great creativity on the forum. Inkpad, how about an insanity nation?

maybe the closing date could be like May 15th, that gives people more time

ibclare

Queen Bee
It's a difficult challenge...I have no idea what to do?!

You know that last manip you did? Make up a fantasy kingdom or continent for that. Just name you countries, put in bodies of water, rivers, and so forth, name some key places, like the woods the dragon was in, give the dragon a home. Then put in some images of the places like I did or symbols like the crossed swords. It's really vwery simple, just time consuming, but fun. I listed out all the places and names, then the images I wanted to find. I crossed a lot off my list and changed some names. But I chose a place, my own city and county and used the satellite google map for a base to make my outlines -- loosely.

I think you would really enjoy doing it Chris. I think others would too and I wish they would get shopping. The more the merrier, like Robin Hood and his Merry Men ya know.

fotograffiti

Power User
It's a difficult challenge...I have no idea what to do?!

you??? I think that's impossible :) surely you can come up with something, think Switserland with mountains in different colours....;)
Après ski.....:mrgreen:

Take your time. I will create hors concours. You speak French?

fotograffiti

Power User
Up up up
I changed the entry date to 31st May.
This is not too hard a challenge, there are so many possibilities!
I'm sure many talents will create great things

Up up up
I changed the entry date to 31st May.
This is not too hard a challenge, there are so many possibilities!
I'm sure many talents will create great things

I don't think it's the "solution" to give everybody more time for their entries. I just hope this challenge doesn't get lost in the maze of this forum. But maybe it's just me?!?