What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 22: Create a Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awsome Chris. How do you get the sharpness and saturation so good? Also love the hair. Same part as the teeth + liquify? Trade secrets please. :)

Awsome Chris. How do you get the sharpness and saturation so good? Also love the hair. Same part as the teeth + liquify? Trade secrets please. :)

Thanks for your comment ZipedX, though it is not easy to answer your questions. But I'll try.
I have no secrets how I edit my pictures. From experience, I just follow certain rules from the theory of colors (contrasting colors, complementary colors, light to dark contrasts, sharpness or blur). Exactly the way I learned it long before Photoshop was invented. Of course my pictures seem to have a professional look, as I've been working 20 years with photoshop for highend applications.

In this particular image the head is a little blurred, which seem to make the main features of the face slightly sharper. Such things I do just automatically. I hope this gives an insight into my way of working.

Chris.

I like your answer chris, it's alot more educational than you might think. I started out my ps career just a few years back and have been at it on and of from a photographic view point. So I know how sharpness and blur effects a photo, it just never struck me that the same applies here. Silly really...

Just shows one has just peered out through the lid of the box I guess. :D

Great idea ZipedX!
Definitely a face...I like your alien squid! A little to greenish?...but maybe this is just me.

Great idea ZipedX!
Definitely a face...I like your alien squid! A little to greenish?...but maybe this is just me.

Aliens squids are green aren't they?

Nah..! I see your point I just wanted a more underwater feel. Didn't work did it?
Anyone who got improvment tips please share.

Thanks Chris/all

Last edited:
The bubbles i googled from the internet and put them on new layers.
Bugger, would have been cool if you made the surface and bubbles from scratch. Would have wanted to learn that. :D

Thanks for the ideas though, I really like how yours came out gonna play around for a bit and see if I can achive something similar.

Ziped, I like your latest post. The color is so much more vibrant. I was going to mention the lack of contrast, but you've more than fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back