What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait Retouching Challenge

Try your retouching skills here. There will be no winners and no losers in this thread. Anyone can learn from the posted jobs and compare the different jobs and stylish directions and fashion trends of different countries. I had the idea from this interesting thread. Thank you fotograffiti.http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/general-photoshop-board/51196-must-see-photoshop-edits.html

petrous_by_natalianaumova-d5d3rr2.jpg

Here is a new one. Click to enlarge the image and use this bigger size for your work.

Picture from:http://natalianaumova.deviantart.com/art/petrous-324341822

This is an update of all posted pictures at a glance.

Girl Collage1400+.jpg
Click to enlarge.

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
does it have to be Natural looking or can we get a bit more creative just asking because I have no idea who she is to you and if it may cause offence if we drastically changed a feature

Tom Mann

Guru
Also, Chris, the starting point for your challenge is quite a bit different than the starting point for the challenge Foto' brought to our attention. In that one, the woman very intentionally posted herself very plain, for example, with no makeup, no clothing, and with her hair pulled tight to give the responders maximal freedom to make whatever changes they wanted.

In contrast, the woman in your photo already has makeup on, her hair is well done, and she already has a nice top on, so we might have to first "remove" aspects of yours (ie, like her current makup) to change her in ways we might want. To be honest, I would prefer a starting point closer to that in the original article.

Tom

ibclare

Queen Bee
Not to step on your toes chris, but how about a lady like this? She has a lovely face, though I haven't examined it up close. She has a bit of make-up but not a lot. Definitely needs exposure, etc., adjustments. Here's the site and artist.

a_pretty_face_by_countemonetwothree-d48rb6m.jpg

Jergon

Nice works...:) I am afraid I am not very skilled retoucher, in true I have never retouched any face yet, but I can try to make something from my own face, just for fun :mrgreen: Fortunately I don't look as good as this woman...

Jergon

ibclare: well, it could be much better motivation for me to retouche this pretty woman than myself... :lol: Thanks

Tom Mann

Guru
Just to tease the professional retouchers among us :devilish: :rofl: , here's what 30 seconds in Portrait Pro did to her. I must confess that to increase the "tease" factor, I did crank up the settings quite a bit from the default values, especially, the "reshape face" slider :mrgreen:.

So, while it isn't another country, here's how the people at Portrait think this girl should look. ;)

T

PS - I didn't read all the details in Deviant Art about this photo, but it sounded like she authorized others to use in this sort of way.

Attachments

• a_pretty_face_by_countemonetwothree-d48rb6m-Portrait_Pro_v12_pp.jpg
    a_pretty_face_by_countemonetwothree-d48rb6m-Portrait_Pro_v12_pp.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 4

Tom Mann

Guru
Whoops. Sorry, Chris -- I didn't see your plan to post another image before I posted the Portrait Pro job on Clare's.

T

ibclare

Queen Bee
Well, while I'm waiting for chris's new face, I worked on my own too. Of course I knew there was the potential for pissing you off chris, but I didn't mean to. This one is just practice . . . by someone without the advanced skills or experience of either of you guys. (not fair that pros should always be wowing the rest of us barely-theres, lol)

a_pretty_face_by_countemonetwothree-d48rb6m.jpg

I like the soft glamour glow you gave her Tom. I see you bronzed the cheeks below the cheekbones, nice approach. What method did you use for the soft glow?

Hoogle

Guru
Sorry ran out of time to clean up hair and get a bit more colour in her skin but I only used 2 tools and couldnt work out how to do the hair without using clone brush. all is done with paintbrush (obviously with different brush modes and layer modes) and Liquify tool
oh and was not paying attention to the change of picture sorry.
DSCN8875Priskaorig.png DSCN8875Priska.png

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I am aware of that Queenie. This makes the 3rd one I have worked on since this thread started up. I kinda got caught up in the moment and thought this one cried out for some work. Since Hoogle posted the first one Chris put up, I didn't see any harm in posting this. Sorry if I violated protocol (or whatever you call it). If it's offensive to Chis, I'll remove it.

On second thought, I'll delete it anyway.
Larry, you are still using the unofficial portrait. I apologize for muddying the waters. If you look at post one, you will see the new image posted by CHris.

It's a lovely one and should be fun to work with.

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
I dont think it matters which 1 you choose maybe it would be a good idea to have 3 images to go on then it will vary it up a bit.

The only reason I participated which I rarely do these days was because of the flexibility and the fact it was not a real challenge just some fun and skill fine tuning

MikeMc

McGuru
Well I'm lost....(Yeah I heard that Auntie)...Chris what image are we doing here? I will find this a fun challenge, as I usually don't, but I have...:banghead: