What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 23: Spread your wing and fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
:) Figured I would get a rise out of you with that!
You might be mis-interpreting my meaning...what if I had captioned it ...and THEY said "when pigs fly"...well they are flying!
Well, I won't hold it against you as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, b ut I must say I very strongly disagree with you.

ibclare

Queen Bee
WOW chris, super.

OK Larry, well that is more understandable. LOL. I will lose the resentment now (which I never had, lol). But I see you are right, the pigs are flying!

nitea

WOW Chris .....really cool!
I wanted to make something floating in the space as well, and I looked for tutorial how to make fire flames, using filter-render- clouds, then i used the gradient map to make the colors, but I simply burned my result .... :lol:

I want to ask you how you did the rocket flame ?

Thank you for your comment Diyana.

I hope this screenshot and the "steam image" will help you to create a flame effect.
1. Adjust the steam image by changing the dimensions to get a long and small flame.
2. Copy/paste this flame image to your background image with the rocket. Make duplicate of this flame layer (layer mode: negative multiply?, sorry I work with german PS).
3. Rotate the layer to match the angle of your rocket.
4. --> Blur filter -->motion blur, (in my screen shot the angle is 40, the distance is 250 pixel). You have to experiment maybe.
5. Add a layer mask and paint with a soft brush to get your final flame shape.

Have fun.
Chris

View attachment 46848

Steam.jpg

Thank you for your comment Diyana.

I hope this screenshot and the "steam image" will help you to create a flame effect.
1. Adjust the steam image by changing the dimensions to get a long and small flame.
2. Copy/paste this flame image to your background image with the rocket. Make duplicate of this flame layer (layer mode: negative multiply?, sorry I work with german PS).
3. Rotate the layer to match the angle of your rocket.
4. --> Blur filter -->motion blur, (in my screen shot the angle is 40, the distance is 250 pixel). You have to experiment maybe.
5. Add a layer mask and paint with a soft brush to get your final flame shape.

Have fun.
Chris

Rocket Screenshot.jpg

View attachment 46849

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Here is my little submission guys :)

Hope you like the Puffer bird & the UnknownBirdName fish!

Attachments

• birdy.jpg
    birdy.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 2

nitea

Here is my little submission guys :)

Hope you like the Puffer bird & the UnknownBirdName fish!

Very nice ..... lovely fishy birds... :)

Things that can move on ground and water are called Amphibian. but what should be the name for things that can fly and dive ? Except Ducks .... :)

Last edited:

nitea

Thank you Chris ...I did what you show me and here is my pink space sofa :)
cosmo_sofa copy.JPG

I used hue/saturation to add some color ....
All images i took from the web ... BG from site called "ythmeven.allaroundgames"

Yes that's well implemented Diyana.
Though for a strong effect I would use a larger flame. Your space sofa hovers in space in your composite, as if the kid astronaut is learning to control its flight. It looks very cool like this. A well done job!

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you Chris ...I did what you show me and here is my pink space sofa :)

I used hue/saturation to add some color ....
All images i took from the web ... BG from site called "ythmeven.allaroundgames"

Breathtaking. Bravo. Too bad you can't win your own challenge!

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Very nice ..... lovely fishy birds... :)

Things that can move on ground and water are called Amphibian. but what should be the name for things that can fly and dive ? Except Ducks .... :)

That can Fly & Swim ?
You mean... a fird ? Or a birch ? :cool2:

Sierraccr

Power User
Here's SuperMerlyn, flying over San Francisco to keep the Evil Mouse King from taking over!

SuperMerlie.jpg

Stocks are a standard photograph of the skyline of San Francisco (can't remember where I got it) and a prior picture of my kitten Merlyn laying on the rug which you have all seen in another place on the forum. Everything else is drawn or done on the piece.

Last edited:

nitea

Really creative Sierraccr. Love it ... Let the force be with her/him :)

OMGiBrokeMyTablet I think your birchs have to be a bit afraid of the SuperMerlyn ;) That cat could catch everything!

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Really creative Sierraccr. Love it ... Let the force be with her/him :)

OMGiBrokeMyTablet I think your birchs have to be a bit afraid of the SuperMerlyn ;) That cat could catch everything!

Oh god no!
But the PufferBird patrol will protect the birchs from SuperMerlyn, don't worry! :devilish:

Last edited:

nitea

Spread your minds guys and gals :) The contest is till 20 th of July ...

Status
Not open for further replies.