What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 23: Spread your wing and fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMGiBrokeMyTablet

Jergon

Nice work... :) Maybe you could place the baloons just above the girl so as she looks as hanging vertically...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I agree with Jergon. As well as moving the balloons, you could rotate Alice where she looks more like she's hanging. I also (quickly) used Puppet warp to point her toes more downward. The only problem would be her hair and apron, they should be hanging downward as well.

Screen Shot 2014-07-09 at 9.52.55 AM.png

Owl.D

Now that you've mentioned the balloons and the position it does look a little unnatural (not that flying girls with balloons attached on their backs is something you naturally see at your window :) ).
Anyway, I've rotated the model but in the other way so the hair and the apron aren't an issue now. Also changed the tip of the shoes to make her look more like she's preparing to land and the direction of the balloons.
Here it is:
alice_balloons.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That works as well! Looks much better.

nitea

OMGiBorkemMyTablet: Sure you can.

Nice work Fotograffiti! I like your idea very much ... It's look like the planet was just born and someone just drop that person over there:) May be after this the planet will become blue as we know it, Sam :)

Owl.D, Alice is amazing .. I love that you equal the colors, did you use color match or other method ?

Owl.D

nitea- Thank you. I've made a color balance adjustment layer on top to bring more blue in the highlights and some red in the shadows, saturated the balloons a little and then placed a gradient adjustment layer above all with a dark sienna, white on middle and a desaturated light blue.

Owl.D

Can't find the edit post button...maybe someone can me give a hint on that :)
Forgot to mention that the gradient layers opacity was dropped down at around 30%.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It will appear after your 6th post I believe.

ibclare

Queen Bee
It may be after the 8th post (I haven't had to think about it for awhile), but I believe you can delete your post at any time and just start a new reply.

Or you can just leave it as a new reply as you just did, lol.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Owl, I am glad to see you posted your source images. That is something we try to do, especially in the showroom forum. Including credits there is cool, but not so important for this kind of thread.

And I love the final image.

@Fotografitti, love it!

nitea

Really cool idea Clare :) I like the flying dog ... and the blue look of it....

nitea

Nice stereo look MrTom :) I like that's tiny creature. I'm sure that can party hard!

Paul if I see a fly out building in front of me I'm not sure that i will have such calm look :) But I hope one day to see :) Nice work!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks Diyanna. I forgot to say, the starry field is one I made for a challenge we had several years ago. We made planets, star fields, solar systems, various compositions. It was a lot of fun and learning. This challenge was started by dv8_fx in 2011. If you'd like to look it over, here is the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.