What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm Marilyn. Color me like a Glamour Girl and give me a trendy background.

Chyina

Don't ask me to be trendy. I never have been and never will be, lol. I rarely liked the things that are "trending" when they are trendy anyway, so I just went with a background I liked.

Just deal with it. :devilish: ;)

mm2.jpg

Chyina

I'm glad you like it, Chris. This one was a lot of fun to work with. I've always liked Marilyn. Although I was sorely tempted to do her in her natural brunette hair colour, lol. Maybe I will later. ;)

mdyusuf

I do not know why you said trendy. I am talking about photoshop contest, but I think this is not like contest.

I do not know why you said trendy. I am talking about photoshop contest, but I think this is not like contest.

With "trendy" I mean: Show Marilyn in a environment of our time (Year 2015). Fashion show, Party, Airport, Business.
As I mentioned in my first post it' a Fun Contest, just show other people your work, and compare with images other people posted.
I would really like to see "your" composite. Nobody is judging and their will be no winner.

Hi Rainy...and thanks for your "sunny" creation. Love the strong contrasts and Marilyn's glamour make up, matching her dress.

Hoogle

Guru
Why not I hope you don't mind me crashing the party and joining in I couldnt resist a bit of Marilyn all though the misses has had me watching a tv show called Smash which is a play about her so a bit to much Marilyn at the moment lol..
Marilyn.png

Oops just noticed I missed a bit of masking on the hair ah well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Do not be too modest with your PS skills. The masking on the hair is excellent, better than many others posts in the thread.
Your image looks just great and very "american".
Thanks for sharing Hoogle.

Hoogle

Guru
This was coming up in another thread re topaz glow which of course was started with fractalius where I suggested it is a really powerful effect especially if used with subtle and I thought maybe Maralyn could do with some to capture the stardom of her. So here it is nothing different than the other 1 I posted except for I was playing with the new plugin from Akvis called neon, same as fractalious and topaz glow but fairly easy to use.

Did not go OTT with it but added a nice shine so I think.

Marilynneon.png

This was coming up in another thread re topaz glow which of course was started with fractalius where I suggested it is a really powerful effect especially if used with subtle and I thought maybe Maralyn could do with some to capture the stardom of her. So here it is nothing different than the other 1 I posted except for I was playing with the new plugin from Akvis called neon, same as fractalious and topaz glow but fairly easy to use.

Did not go OTT with it but added a nice shine so I think.

/QUOTE]

Don't you think it just looks washed out. I personally like your first one much better.

Hoogle

Guru
Oh by all means yes it can do with some contrast and further correction, my point was that with the glow effect even in the subtle way used above it is an instant boost to an image. Like any plugin, filter, action etc they are meant as a starting point but I like the effect it has created now bring back some blacks and shadows etc it could turn this into a nice picture, I was just demonstrating a simple 1 click filter from the plugin to the picture with nothing else added which was not clear I suppose when I said

So here it is nothing different than the other 1 I posted except for I was playing with the new plugin from Akvis called neon

Rajeev Desai

WfHHbyo.jpg

Last edited: