What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorize B&W photo of negro and other dark skinned individuals (was: Colour me in)

Paul

Former Member
Usually it's a white family that gets the recoloured treatment, let's see how good you are at recolouring a coloured family in.

colourmein.jpg

Click image for slightly larger file.

Paul

Former Member
re: Colorize B&W photo of negro and other dark skinned individuals (was: Colour me in)

Let's see how many of the talkers can walk for real, nice job Eggy.

Paul

Former Member
re: Colorize B&W photo of negro and other dark skinned individuals (was: Colour me in)

Single brown shade used Chris or several variants with the skin tones?

My fast method here was to select the skintones and put it on a new layer.
A new layer for the dress, the suits, the background wall.
On every layer i used the curves to get the desired colors.
The top layer (burn) is filled with 50%grey, set on linear light for additional modulation of the skintones. Just paint with brown color and a soft brush with opacity 3.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-07 um 19.06.25.jpg

Last edited:

ElizabethM

The JPEG artifects (am I using the term correctly?) is all sorts of wack in this image, tried to get out as much as I can. But overall may I present: My first attempt at colorisation. :)

Colorisation1.jpg

gedstar

Guru

For your first attempt you did a pretty fine job. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ElizabethM

Whooo! Thank you gedstar! :D Your comment just made my day!

This is really a very good result Elizabeth...congrats!

Paul

Former Member

Well done you, Elizabeth:giggle: