What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 33 - Winter Without Snow (Advanced)

Helios

First of all, thank you once again for choosing me as the winner of challenge 32. I must say it is difficult to top a theme as cool as 'Tube World', especially as I've never had to think of one before, so I hope this gets everyone's creativity on the go.

Here in the northern hemisphere, winter is upon us. Wet, dark and dreary in England and not a snowflake in sight.
It got me thinking though - we're all familiar with beautiful winter images; I find misty, white scenes very inspiring myself. But lots of them involve snow and frost, and winter just doesn't happen like that for everyone.

So the challenge is:

Winter Without Snow

Using whatever techniques and programs you choose, create an image depicting winter that doesn't feature snow

Maybe show us how it can be beautiful, or cheerful, or even funny. If a snowless winter isn't a normal thing for you where you live, you could show us how it might look, or how it might cause problems. If it is a normal thing for you, consider what pleases or annoys you about it. What sums up winter for you?

UPLOAD YOUR SUBMISSIONS INTO THE CHALLENGE SUBMISSION THREAD.

The challenge will last 14 days, ending on Tuesday 19th January at 10am UTC (I think that should be daytime hours for most of us).
Voting will then take place for 7 days.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I agree with Chris.

But lately I was so busy with PS 3D I almost forgot there's a new challenge!

At this moment I'm struggling with the equivalent of a 'whriters block' just because my attention is drawn to that darn PS 3D and I can't focus well on the rest.

I'll start thinking and/or posting tomorrow.

Last edited:
I agree with Chris.

But lately I was so busy with PS 3D I almost forgot there's a new challenge!

At this moment I'm struggling with the equivalent of a 'whriters block' just because my attention is drawned to that darn PS 3D and I can't focus well on the rest.

I'll start thinking and/or posting tomorrow.

I know the feeling...it's depressing sometimes. This 3D stuff has thrown me to the ground.:banghead: