What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
WELCOME TO OUR VERY FIRST PHOTOSHOP BASIC CHALLENGE!!!

To start the ball rolling....

The solar system was never the same ever since scientists kicked out it's smallest member - Pluto. But don't fret as all is not lost because this challenge requires you to.....

CREATE A MINI PLANET IN PHOTOSHOP!!!!

A mini planet is also called a Polar Panorama. And this will give you the chance to use your personal panoramic photos or stock images to create stunning works of art like these gems in the following tutorial pages ...

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...oramic-image-along-circles-circumference.html

http://creativenerds.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-little-planets-using-photoshop/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rbTE71PMYE

There's no limit to what you can create -- add a fictional or space background.... superimpose a lush garden, arid desert or lush forest within the planet complete with animals, people..... or whatever strikes your fancy.

CONTEST DURATION....

This challenge will be open 14 days, ending on Saturday, 6th February at 10am UTC. Voting will then take place for 7 days.

SUBMISSION OF IMAGES....

Upload your entry into the BASIC CHALLENGE SUBMISSION THREAD .

All entries will be kept hidden for the duration of the contest and will be open for viewing when the voting of winner starts.

WHO CAN JOIN?

As this is a new addition to our Contest Area activities, anyone who is yet to win in our ADVANCED MEMBER CHALLENGES are encouraged to participate as well as new members of the forum and first time participants in any of the forum's challenges. Winners of past PSG ADVANCED CHALLENGES are not eligible to take part (you guys are goooood...:cheesygrin:).

As an added incentive, the winning image will be featured in our FACEBOOK PAGE for all our FB followers to see and appreciate.

Please visit our CHALLENGE GUIDELINES for more information.

Get cracking, everyone and Good Luck.... MAKE PLUTO PROUD!!!.....

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Re: Basic challenge #1 submission thread - create a mini planet

:hi:

Come on guys and gals, get your creative juices flowing and enter the challenge

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:wave2:

Come on folks, let's see your Mini Planet Skills!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
NOTICE TO ALL....

Due to lack of entries, we're extending the contest submission period to Saturday, 6th February at 10am UTC.

C'mon guys. Create and submit your entries...

LoriA

I loved trying this and I am fascinated by the different looks a tiny planet can produce. I sadly missed the due date.

gedstar

Guru
I loved trying this and I am fascinated by the different looks a tiny planet can produce. I sadly missed the due date.

Hi LoriA

There will be another challenge posted soon, you can participate in that challenge when it's up :thumbsup: