What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge #48- Cloud Warriors

Challenge #48- Cloud Warriors

• chrisdesign

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Eggy

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Helios

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • fredfish

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Argos

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • sanjaymj

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pipsmom

Guru
Challenge #48
Cloud Warrior/War

Our next challenge will be Cloud Warriors at war showing your use of light, shadow, color and layer effects.
Break out your best cloud brushes and create your own warrior in battle
Good Luck everyone and looking forward to seeing your creations
Submissions close 14th of the month

Example Only Imagine

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5042.jpg

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Love it - that will get the creative juices going!! Thanks :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent challenge!

Looking forward to seeing some great submissions.

Well, that's a good one Pipsmom. I've never done anything like this, though I have to try it ?!

Pipsmom

Guru
Is it permitted to paint them from scratch, or do we have to manipulate existing cloud images?

To make your cloud warrior Helios, I would think you could express your individual artistry and manipulation talents by painting each cloud layer so you have total control over the end result...... Just a thought
Your final results is totally up to you how you achieve it...Can't wait to see what you come up with

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Pipsmom, this would be a real challenge to me since I've never experimented with this. :eek:

My guess is that I'm not gonna get there with Blender...:biglaff:

Pipsmom

Guru
So glad to see everyone is as inspired as I was when I saw the ad playing in full...(Actually had my mouth open in amazement)...never mind the brand of beer they were advertising I was gob smacked at the detail.....

IMG_5079.jpg

Pipsmom

Guru
Hope everyone is working on your photo, cant wait to see it

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I agree chrisdesign it is a tough challenge (not that that is a bad thing necessarily!) - I have tried at least 3 or 4 times to get my head around this one and failed every time. I am pretty sure that I will post something. I like your take on the challenge!
Pipsmom - curse you!! :bangdesk: (not really - I am, in a perverse way, enjoying the challenge).

Cheers

John

Pipsmom

Guru
I agree @chrisdesign it is a tough challenge (not that that is a bad thing necessarily!) - I have tried at least 3 or 4 times to get my head around this one and failed every time. I am pretty sure that I will post something. I like your take on the challenge!
@Pipsmom - curse you!! :bangdesk: (not really - I am, in a perverse way, enjoying the challenge).

Cheers

John

Looking forward to what ever you come up with fredfish.....Your last sentence tickled me :rofl:

Pipsmom

Guru
Another Wow! That's a angry Zeus! love your color pallet that highlights the ab muscles that show his strength....Well Done.

Pipsmom

Guru
Another Wow Imagine...Love the use of dark colors to indicate the anger of the fight...Well Done Helios :thumbsup:

MrToM

Guru
...Closing date for entry is fast approaching on the 14th...
Thats me done for then, I was under the impression we would have the usual 2 weeks.

Why so short a time to enter, especially considering the complexity of the challenge?

Oh well....ho hum.

Regards.
MrToM.

Pipsmom

Guru
A day late starting it on the 2nd, so the 14th would be the usual 2 weeks posting time is my interuptation of the rules...And am I wrong? Please someone tell me