What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge #51: You Dingbat!

Challenge #51: You Dingbat!

• Eggy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Pipsmom

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • chrisdesign

• MrToM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MikeMc

• Gedstar

• Argos

• Jerry D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Helios

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fredfish

Guru
Thanks for people voting for my image in the last excellent challenge from Eggy - It would be great if we get anywhere near the number of entries this tim round.

OK. For this challenge the task is to create an image that represents one of your favourite songs or movies.

It can be funny, artistic or just plain wacky. The objective is to be imaginative - not necessarily technically skilled.

I know that in different parts of the world visual puzzles are called Dingbats - hence the title. An example would be this image I put together. As an additional side contest (just for fun) I am not going to tell you what it represents, I am sure some of you will be on it like a shot!!

grim-reaper4.jpg

I hope everybody has fun!!

Cheers

John

SUBMISSIONS

Eggy
PSG Challenge #51.jpg

Pipsmom
PS Challenge Song WC.jpg

chrisdesign
Challenge 1700.jpg

MrToM
you_dingbat_MT_02.png

MikeMc
Lucy.jpg

Gedstar
challenge.jpg

Argos
1-Exposure1.jpg

Jerry D
got.jpg

Helios
dingbat-challenge.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Hi John, sounds like a good challenge :thumbsup: hopefully we'll get a lot of people participating like the last few challenges :cheesygrin:
So to all members out there, get your creative juices flowing :flamethro:

And please remember it's not about winning it's about having fun and showing off your creative skills.
That been said first prize for the winner is 2 million euro, cheque will be sent via Nigeria post so just email me your bank details :biglaff:

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Thanks Fredfish! I'll have to see what I can come up with.

(Is it Ghost in the Shell?)

Look forward to seeing some of your excellent work!

Sorry not "Ghost in the shell" though I like your thinking!

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru

fredfish

Guru

Eggy

Retired Moderator
If you listen carefully you'll hear my brain starting to 'compose' something' John...:idea:

fredfish

Guru
Do we post the title (song or movie) with the picture or leave it for people guess?

Hi Pipsmom - As far as I am concerned it is about the image - however if people want to include a bit of a puzzle in to it as well that is fine with me (as long as it is OK with the Mods).

However I would suggest that when the competition gets to the voting stage people should perhaps update their posts so that everybody knows what the image was. That will also mean that people will get to find out if they guessed correctly.

Cheers

john

fredfish

Guru
Great image @Eggy - creative, cryptic and artistic all in one go. And at the moment no I cant work it out (but I am trying :)).

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No need to say that mine is vintage (me included :biglaff:) so think out of the box...

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
Eggy, is it CCR - Looking Out My Backdoor?

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
I love the texture that you have on this Pipsmom - I have got to think hard about what it is! ;).

Cheers

John

Jerry D

Power User
From the lyrics...

"There's a giant doing cartwheels, a statue wearin' high heels.
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn.
A dinosaur Victrola list'ning to Buck Owens
Doo doo doo lookin' out my back door.
Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.
Won't you take a ride on the flyin' spoon?"

You made a very descriptive image. :thumbsup: