What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge #51: You Dingbat!

Challenge #51: You Dingbat!

• Eggy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Pipsmom

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • chrisdesign

• MrToM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MikeMc

• Gedstar

• Argos

• Jerry D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Helios

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pipsmom

Guru
This months challenge from a Newby to all other Newby's......

This subject "Dingbats" isn't hard and has Not got to be perfect...Ideal for us Newby's
Come on guys and girls........Get in here and show off your work....no matter even if its beginning level.....Let's lets have some fun, thats what its all about :giggle:

fredfish

Guru

This subject "Dingbats" isn't hard and has Not got to be perfect...Ideal for us Newby's
Come on guys and girls........Get in here and show off your work....no matter even if its beginning level.....Let's lets have some fun, thats what its all about :giggle:

Completely agree Pipsmom - thanks for posting.

My idea for this competition was all about the idea, not necessarily the execution. As Pipsmom ha said it doesn't need to be perfect, have a go (it really is great fun when you get involved).

Cheers

John

Helios

Completely agree @Pipsmom - thanks for posting.

My idea for this competition was all about the idea, not necessarily the execution. As @Pipsmom ha said it doesn't need to be perfect, have a go (it really is great fun when you get involved).

Cheers

John

It's actually the opposite problem for me - not much of a lateral thinker so I find these things kind of hard to figure out, let alone being able to come up with one! :redface:
I shall keep keep racking my brains...

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
It's actually the opposite problem for me - not much of a lateral thinker so I find these things kind of hard to figure out, let alone being able to come up with one! :redface:
I shall keep keep racking my brains...

You do some might fine work Helios and just know what you come up with will be something awsome as usual.
What I did was pick out one of my favorite songs like he suggested then composed a picture with the elements of the lyrics within...easy peasy
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :giggle:

fredfish

Guru
Helios also remember that being cryptic is only one option - if you choose a literal and artistic interpretation that is not only OK it would be great - Like Pipsmom I admire your artistic work and would love to see something :)

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru

fredfish

Guru
Last couple of days for entries everybody!

Don't leave it too late (which has happened before :)).

I am stressing again it doesn't have to be perfect - it can be a direct representation or cryptic, your choice. Everybody has done song titles so far, perhaps mix it up with a movie poster (I know that there are those out there that like producing such things). Perhaps recreate a classic movie poster but change the main characters. Just suggestions.

Just jump in and have a go :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
Hi all

When I posted this challenge I suggested that if people wanted to they could leave the title of their submission for people to guess (not compulsory though).

It is now only a day or two before the challenge finishes so I would suggest perhaps a few more hours of people guessing and then on the 14th that people tell us the title of their submission, so that people can judge them properly and vote accordingly. Thanks for the reminder Pipsmom :thumbsup:

Many thanks to those that have taken part - IT STILL ISN'T TOO LATE!

Cheers

John