What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Auto FX/ DreamSuite PS plugin

G

Thanks Rick. Although I never use plugins, they can sure give me new ideas for my designs.
I have enough reason after looking at all the examples on their page to press CTRL+N again :rofl:
I figured out that most of the effects can be achieved by using gaussian blur and one of the blending modes, sometimes in combination with curves/levels.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I have been evaluating some of their products from Dream Suite so I'm very haaaappy to have this one free (I just got it). The Suites I tried, I liked but haven't purchased because Eric has had problems installing - do you have any experience or tips about that? :( I really hate dl or inst problemos.

Joy

AppleCider

Power User
I too would like to hear people's opinions of DreamSuite. It certainly looks good (especially the 2nd version) but I have heard of problems, mostly on PCs. Any Mac users out there have experience with it?

Erik

Guru
I feel I should clear this out. Right now.

Indeed, I did have problems installing because of a missing font so I couldn't enter my serial. Later on, they updated, so I suppose this is ok by now. But it is still rather difficult to enter the serial.

Still, I did not buy the whole Dreamsuite1 because it's too expensive and contains several filters I don't want. In fact, I only bought two, the ones I liked most. But after installing it, I noticed that I had ALL the presets etc from the complete suite on my HDD. This was not what I wanted, and seriously unprofessional if you sell separate filters from the suite.

The third point of my critique is that it is a nuisance to use because everytime you dare to touch a setting, the app begins an update of the preview, and it's so GDN slow that it's always behind on creative fire. That's why I rarely use it..

AppleCider

Power User
Thanks for the clarification, Erik :) Sounds like DreamSuite is more trouble than it's worth. Plus, I have a ton of filters, most of which I rarely use. Trying to break myself of "filter rot" [slick]

iDad

Guru
08-16-2002, 12:40 Am