What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fonts - right forum, strange question

iDad

Guru
I am putting it here because most are serious about graphics that post here.(really not sure where to put it , to tell you the truth:redface:)
I have a request to come up with an idea , but it will require a font similar to thisScreenshot2011-03-05at85132AM.png I've done a few searches but can not find anything that'll work.
all the free web fonts are junk that I see (it will be for print)
What I guess I am asking (I will pay for the right font if need be) but what is that style called
and anyone know where a good collection of font flared like that would be?

I've bee doing a research on those fonts" externally and in my fonts database"

And the closest fonts that i could find inside my collection that some how resembles to your sample features are these:

00_south_Fast_fonts_similarity.jpg

1rst row - Uppercase letters "Captative Angel 10"
Captive Angel 10 TrueType

2nd row - Uppercase characters "Minster No 1"
Minster No 1 Font

3rd row - Uppercase characters "ShadowedBlack wide normal"
ShadowedBlackWide Normal font

And the lowercase letters in all cases "Arsis_Dreg normal"
Arsis DReg font (truetype)

*The lowercase font that i choose, it could be any one whit same features as in the sample

* NOTE
I Don't think that there's a font whit the same characteristics as in the image sampled.

As far as i can see there's a composition of two different fonts plus some other objects like outlines, shadows and details that i'm pretty sure they were hand drawn
pretty nice by the way.

I think that is gonna take you some time to develop this project.
Good luck and Have fun.

iDad

Guru
iThink that 1rst row - Uppercase letters "Captative Angel 10"
Captive Angel 10 TrueType
will work but can not find how to download.or buy for that matter
Appreciate it guys! thanks!

iDad

Guru
All set on that last question,
I have another strange one.
Seems no matter what I do my text is coming out all capitalized, (no caps not locked) only in PS every one of my fonts is doing it I tried resetting tool but nope still doing it any pointers from anyone?

Carrie56

Power User
I think I can field this one!

Go into the character panel (its located to the far right of the font tool bar and looks like a piece of paper)

I circled the one you are looking for here can toggle on and off its called All Caps:

allcaps.jpg

iDad

Guru
Hmm iwas messing with spacing the other day I bet I hit that inavently I'll check it tomorrow ( comp is off now) but thanks I'll let you know