What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resizing Filter Effect

JoePhoto

Sometimes when experimenting with Photoshop artistic filters on low res images I see exactly what I want the image to look like because I can see the entire frame on my monitor, however if I want to get the same effect on a high res file (so I can make a large print) I can't just transfer my filter slider settings because they don't have the same intensity on a large file. It's difficult to start first with a high res file because the filter effects are not as intense when viewing the full frame. Does anybody know what I'm trying to say and is there a trick to accomplishing what I'm trying to do? In other words transfer the desired filter effect on a low res file to a much larger high res file. Resizing (interpolating) the low res file does not provide the quality I need. Thanks.

Tom Mann

Guru
Find a small but representative part of the image. Zoom in to 100%. Make your adjustments. It will look fine when you zoom out.

PS - You might have to pan around the image (at 100% zoom) to make sure that the effect you are trying to apply is reasonable in all parts of the image.

HTH,

Tom M