What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Brushes - Corel Painter Nozzles

Hi I was wondering if it`s possible to create a plugin, improve Photoshop Brushes to be more like Corel Painter Nozzles? Thanks

Probably...but...

PS has the option to create your own 'custom' brushes though, maybe not quite as elaborate as some of your examples but still...

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:
Hi Marija and welcome.

I'm not at all familiar with Corel Painter so please forgive. I have no idea what a Painter image Hose is or how it works.

A common question here is, can Photoshop act like another program. The answer is that there might be a way to mimic a function in the other programs, but Photoshop is what it is. If your getting better results with the other program, then I would stick with it.

Sorry, not much help.

Hi

It`s not really about Photoshop acting like another program…
(There are many other programs with similar tool, Art Rage for example)
It`s more about improving Photoshop brushes or creating a new plugin.
The idea is to have a tool like a Photoshop brush, but with RGB color png image as base... (with the same tool settings as brushes, attached image is created using only a brush tool).
The difference is in the base image being in full (RGB) color and not being monochromatic.
I believe it would make everything much easier for photomanipulation - digital art.
It could also create a market for custom brushes-clipart sets...

Back