What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: creating the cartoon filter from camera360 ios app in ps

MartinJan

Hi Did a quick forum search but my network is very slow here( its my vacation adress) so i ask my question before i do finish a full search .On my iphone i havce this great app called camera360 it has a very nice cartoon effect . I would like to achieve this in PS.But how ? Havent found any solutions yet. Tried to email the developers but they wont tell me how the did it.

This is the effect

drawing01.jpgand:drawing02.jpg

maybe some already has found the way or can point me the right direction.

When i have it i want to use it for a music video for a local singer/songwriter.

-MJ

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
As with everything in Photoshop, there are almost always many different ways to achieve similar goals. Often, the deciding factor is not how well a given approach realizes the goal, but the unintended side effects, so beware of them.

I couldn't immediately find a photo sImilar to your example, so I went outside, snapped one, and put together a GIF animation that shows several of the native (ie, "built-in") techniques to convert a photo to a sketch, plus a few third-party plugins that provide alternate approaches (eg, from the Topaz and Power Retouche Pro suites of tools). I also show a method "color dodge, invert, blur" that was described in this old thread: https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...rn-your-image-into-beautifull-pencil-art.html.

HTH,

Tom M

PS - After I put together the attached demo, I looked back at your example and realized that probably the most accurate reproduction of that particular effect (particularly, the curly lines) could probably be obtained using Topaz Clean, a 3rd party plugin to PS, possibly in combination with another technique.

Attachments

• D7B_8251nef-acr-ps01a_sRGB_698px_wide-convert_to_sketch_demo.gif
    D7B_8251nef-acr-ps01a_sRGB_698px_wide-convert_to_sketch_demo.gif
    555.6 KB · Views: 27

MartinJan

ha,

just downloaded the topaz clean trail , now playing with it looks promising...

thanks!

will post results ..

-MJ