What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stronger colors in photoshop project

Heidemann

So I'm designing a GFX kit for my motorcycle and I'm almost finished putting everything together. I thought I was done with the project untill I saved the whole image as JPEG and opened it in google chrome. The colors looked so much better when opened in chrome, than in the original photoshop project.

Here's a picture

Untitled-2.jpg

Note: my photoshop project settings are CMYK/8 because it needs to be printed.

So I was wondering if I can make the colors in my project more powerful like in the first picture.

Best regards

MrToM

Guru
Did you save the image with an embedded sRGB colour profile?

Doesn't really matter, your browser will use sRGB anyway regardless so the colours will always look more saturated.

Remember, when viewing on a monitor you are viewing light.....when on paper you are viewing ink.

You should be able to use VIEW > Proof Setup if you really want to proof in a different colour space.
No guarantees though.

Regards.
MrToM.

beni2013

First you need to calibrate the monitor and the printer.Doing the calibration for both of them will ensure that what you see in screen and what you see in print will look the same."Color munkey photo"can do the calibration of the screen and the printerTo give the image more color power,to get more strong presentation try to duplicate every layer which has graphic elements of your image.Another way would be to select the layer where image is and then click image/adjustement/levels.Then drag the left slider in the corner to the right to give the image more contrast.The image will look a lot more balanced and better.Also you can try image/adjustments/curves.This is a bit tricky.Click in the middle of lower half of the diagonal line and drag it a bit to te left.Now click in the middle the top half of the diagonal line and drag the line a bit to the right.This ensures that the darker colors get more powerful and the lighter areas get more brighter.Then try to check in the print preview to make sure it looks the way you want it.How it looks in chrome or explorer is not that important,,,How will look after printing,matters,as long as this is printing project...... calibration is neccessary to achieve the perfect match of colors in screen and print.

Last edited: