What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help achieving a certain photo effect

leerdj

Hiya everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was hoping I could get some help identifying the technique used to achieve an effect in Photoshop like the ones in these images. They are screenshots from a videogame, the photos I will be editing are screenshots from the same game. Hopefully that doesn't matter too much.

23826439169_4420f670b0_h.jpg
b3ilw3V.jpg
E2cgPM4.jpg

Here are some screenshots I made (the first two are test shots)
Screenshot-Original (13).png
Screenshot-Original (12).png
Screenshot-Original (11).png

Thanks in advance Gurus

Hello and welcome to PSG.

The photos you are editing (from the same game), are they different and you want them to look the same?

You might try posting the images you want to edit.

I see many different "effects" in each of the example images you posted. You need to be much more specific about exactly what effect you want to emulate. Even better, if you happen to have before and after versions of an image that shows the application of an "effect" that interests you, post the before-after pair, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you get close.

To give you a specific example, three of the most obvious effects I see in your first example image are:
1. A wide angle lens was used.
2. A "bleach bypass" effect was likely used.
3. The image looks oversharpened, and hence, gritty.

However in addition to these, lots of different tonal (eg, brightness, contrast, curves, etc.) and color adjustments (vibrance, saturation, selective color, hue/saturation, etc.) were almost certainly made to the image before #2 and #3 were applied.

Tom M

Back