What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filters - looking like painting

Icemind

So I have been looking in a facebook group and I came across this image. I knew for a fact that this was a photoshop rendered image to look artistically like a watercolor. the image was actually available as a free desktop wallpaper. The moment I looked at it I knew where it came from because I had seen the exact thing myself.

Aside from few effects and flipping the image horizontally, I knew there were other things that he had changed , to reduce the details in the faces. I tried using the watercolor effects but the image gains a lot of outlines, what could he had done to achieve this exact look? i'm certain it must have been photoshop. I have been doing this for a some time but i can't achieve the exact same look, so i decided to ask for more professional help. He would not admit it and even claims he already sold it. I would appreciate for anyone who could provide me with more insights as to arrive with near exactness to the image (the one signed) Thanks.

hermie - sigua.jpg

Last edited:
The original image is as follows. any ideas what steps necessary to arrive with the one above?

Soccer Game.jpg

its an artistic layer from the filter gallery, not sure which one.
You just copy your picture, add the filter and than adjust the opacity. simple :)

I’ve seen that filter somewhere but can’t rememebr where I saw it...will keep my eyes open for it again

Back