What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! I made this a while ago and can't figure out how to reproduce the effect.

quasipsychotic

Okay so I'm part of a team that's responsible for graphics (banners, sprite recolors, simple stuff) for a game that's currently in design and was recently resurrected from a project that failed. Basically, this is the situation: I made the graphic below in about an hour a few years ago and can't remember how I did it. I know that it involved a gradient and possibly a curves adjustment layer but other than that I have nothing. Any help to recreate it is appreciated!

Here's the graphic (300 pixels/inch):

ragnarok.png

Paul

Former Member
To be honest if you did that a couple of years ago in an hour and have forgotten how to do it, yet you still do photoshop and illustrations then i feel you need to be saving in a format that let's you see what you did instantly, but you should know that?

quasipsychotic

Well Paul, to be honest, I don't do this professionally, nor do I have any professional training whatsoever. However, you're correct that I should have saved to a .PSD before I saved the .JPEG, but since I was about 15 when I made it I hope you'll forgive me for that huge transgression. Either way, I did eventually figure it out, but thank you very much for your supremely helpful comment.

Paul

Former Member
You are more than welcome, glad my comments prompted your memory.