What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hama effect in Photoshop

gameside

Hi there!

I want to create hama perler beads effect in Photoshop I tried to much but couldn't succeeded I found one .atn but it didn’t works the way I wanted.

I want to create an effect like these pictures to my own sprite:

_005___charmeleon_by_aenea_jones-d720qnf.png_155___cyndaquil_by_aenea_jones-d6w78lw.png_183___marill_by_aenea_jones-d78qpfa.png

Anyone know how to do this in photoshop?

any help is appreciated

Have you thought about making yourself a set of brushes or textures from some of the existing ones.?

IamSam Thanks I think its similar to what I was looking for the only difference is the space between each circles. would you mind please create an action for this two work, because I am middle level in photoshop means neither so good nor so bad.

here is what I tried but it didn't worked specilly the 3D looking circle and the spacing.

Sorry, there's no way to make an action for this process.

My hope was that you might visit some of the other choices offered in the thread I linked you with.

I think a custom brush or a pattern might be the best way to go here.

Sorry, there's no way to make an action for this process.

My hope was that you might visit some of the other choices offered in the thread I linked you with.

I think a custom brush or a pattern might be the best way to go here.

Ok, so, can you put the brush & pattern preset and a short tutorial only on bullet points plz

Ok, I found the solution by myself thank you all for your answers, and if anyone want a tutorial feel free to ask me and I will create one.

Thanks

Great gameside, I would love to see a tutorial!

Thanks.

This is what I was working on, it's basically a pattern that has been rendered transparent then laid over a color filled layer.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 9.19.38 AM.png

With color change...

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 9.53.41 AM.png

Last edited:

Back