What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Adding Photo-Realistic Lighting Flares/effects to 3D rendering...

bradleyabbott82

I'm open to suggestions as I'm playing with lighting effects for "rustic" style bulbs and getting a photorealistic post-production flare effect... Any one have good resources for producing this?The first image is a render 400 passes with post pro adding some lighting... the second is the same image no post-pro... Third is an example of what I'm talking about...Thanks!Bradleytestsave450pass12hrspp-testlighting.jpgtestsave450pass12hrspp-raw.jpgexamplelightflare-rn74.jpg

Is it going to be a still frame or a moving clip? If its a still frame you could get away with painting watever flare effects that you might like. First issue that i see with the first image is that every light bulb has the same sort of halo/flare effect applied on it. Also when i look at the reference image thats posted i see more of a soft glow/halo than a flare. So may be adding that might get you closer to that look more than the flare itself.