What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Wondering how to get 3D like this?

Nordin

Hey!

If you want to get the best 3D results, don't use Photoshop. Cinema 4D for exampel, is a good 3D-program and not so hard to learn. A great 3D engine that can get realistic shadows and depth. You can find many tutorials on Youtube about realistic 3D-objects.

Untitled-1.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi imryannn,

First off, without assuming anything, you will need Ps CS5 or CS6 Extended in order to create 3D images. As Nordin stated, getting the kind 3D images like the ones shown in your link will be complicated in Photoshop and you might do better C4D. Having said that, Photoshop is no slouch when it comes to 3D! Check out this 3D Text Tutorial which shows some techniques. Here's another 3D Text Tutorial. you might like as well.

Good luck.

Janifar

Banned
Hey!

If you want to get the best 3D results, don't use Photoshop. Cinema 4D for exampel, is a good 3D-program and not so hard to learn. A great 3D engine that can get realistic shadows and depth. You can find many tutorials on Youtube about realistic 3D-objects.

Wow!!! It's really stunning.

Janifar

Banned
Hi imryannn,

First off, without assuming anything, you will need Ps CS5 or CS6 Extended in order to create 3D images. As Nordin stated, getting the kind 3D images like the ones shown in your link will be complicated in Photoshop and you might do better C4D. Having said that, Photoshop is no slouch when it comes to 3D! Check out this 3D Text Tutorial which shows some techniques. Here's another 3D Text Tutorial. you might like as well.

Good luck.

I use CS5 and CS6 and making 3D but mentioned by imryannn text designs are really stunning. Please if possible post some tutorial on it dear IamSam.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Janifar,

Let me re-phrase what I said in the earlier post........

"getting the kind of 3D images like the ones shown in your link will be complicated in Photoshop and you might do better using Cinema4D."

This is the image imryann was referring to,
1020531265303597.jpg

Janifar, is this the type of 3D image you would like a Photoshop 3D tutorial on?

Janifar

Banned
Cinema4D !!! Is this software, actually i never use this ??? Have no idea dear IamSam . Please can you help me to download and use it. ;)

Dalkarls

I like this one alot! I've been using 3Ds max for maybe 1 year now it this is possible to pull off with some basic knowledge. I will give it a go later this week and if the result is good enough, maybe i can make a step by step tutorial on it.

Dalkarls

I was bored at work and gave it a go. It started out to look like the reference picture but it took more of a pixar turn in the end.
1.jpg

Creating 3D models using software's like Blender,MAYA,3Ds Max,Sketch-up for a professional is not a tough task but needs lot of practice for being precise.You can match up to that level but you have to be very efficient in using this software's.

Jonas_Thomas

I think it might be a good idea to try Sketchup for a start. It's very easy intuitive to use. There are a lot of render-plugins available for it.

Its been imported into 3d max and rendered using V-ray,You try it out with these information only,lets see how it goes.