What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Color, actually wrap, the top/sides of a 3D cube or rectangle with a gradient

Vmusic

Hi,
Using CS6 Extended (CC), on Win 7.

I used the Cube Warp mesh - to create a 3D rectangle, and I want to color, a better word is "wrap" the cube in a gradient, simulating a light shining at the face of the rectangle. I'm not trying to give the 3D rectangle object a special type of texture or roughness, like marble, cloth, ridges, knurl marks - but I know you edit the texture to color the 3D mesh.

When I edit the texture for diffuse color, and create my gradient, it applies the gradient color in a strange way. It applies the gradient on the 3D rectangle face, and top separately, rather than "wrap" the gradient starting with the face of the 3D rectangle - such that it looks like a light shining onto the 3D object. You can see this in the image below:

problem-with-gradient.jpg

The gradient color wrap around the 3D object - that I am trying to create using CS6's 3D tools should look something like this, and hopefully better. You can see how the white color of the gradient is on the face of the 3D rectangle, and then on the top as if it had the same, or a single light shining onto the 3D rectangle.
IT-Process-Gears1a.jpg

How can you do this with the 3D mesh tools?

Thanks In Advance!!