What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D How to get textures to show on OBJ files?

Bryan

I'm trying to open a 3D .obj file in Photoshop CC. It should be a realistic looking model of a couch but instead it looks like the textures or materials are not showing up. Is there anything I can do to show the textures? I'm not very familiar with working with 3D files in photoshop and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be very many tutorials or documentation on it.

Attached is a screenshot of the model once opened in Photoshop and also a image of what it should look like with the textures/materials.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3dmodel.jpg
    3dmodel.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • actual.jpg
    actual.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 1

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Bryan and welcome to PSG.

Can you show a screenshot of your 3D panel. Based on what I can see, It looks as though none of the extrusion materials are in the file.

Bryan

Hello Bryan and welcome to PSG.

Can you show a screenshot of your 3D panel. Based on what I can see, It looks as though none of the extrusion materials are in the file.

Yes, attached is a few shots from the 3D Panel. I believe the 2nd one is the 3D extrusions that you mentioned and toggling the visibility of them seems to hide each of the blanket, pillows, etc..

I've also attached the files that came with this 3D model which shows the materials and an .mtl file. Maybe they are not linked to the model properly? I'm not sure how to tell though.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3dpanel.jpg
    3dpanel.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 1
  • files.jpg
    files.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 0