What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Rotating texture on object....

wallym

I find the uv cords so perplexing.... Say i have side view of a motorcycle helmet image done and would like to place it so it would be duped on both sides. It drove me crazy and it was never placing right and looking all distorted on the helmet 3d file i used.
I'm fairly adapt at ps and know some 3d but not in ps. I suppose i could paint it on, but seems like another can of worms to learn.

Just looking for an answer if it's easy...

Wally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrToM

Guru
In what software are you trying to do this?

Like yourself, I don't use PS for 3D work but I do use 3dsMax.

UV's are pretty simple to understand, unfortunately they can be extremely tricky to get right.

Your situation would be simple to do in a 3D app by overlaying the two uv's and 'flipping' one of them.....giving you the reverse image on the other side.

Without really knowing the finer details its difficult to say what's best to suggest....and If you want to do this in PS then I wouldn't really know where to start.

Regards.
MrTom.

wallym

I used Max years ago casually... To download blender and learn all over just to show a client a simple thing.... Yeah a lot of people don't know much about 3d in ps... But it can do alot... Going to Barnes and N, they got a ps 3d. Book...trying not to sound de money...lol

wallym

Btw...do you see the First Post from zeealex.. It's before i made my first post.. How's that possible.. Urging tapatalk on ipad...

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Btw...do you see the First Post from zeealex.. It's before i made my first post.. How's that possible.. Urging tapatalk on ipad...

It's an old, unresolved TAPATALK glitch sometimes viewable by tapatalk users. It might be caused by the application or in conflict with the forum systems. No fix has been found so far..... sorry about that.