What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d with an oblique side

Frankert

Hi, I'm new here and looking for a solution for a way to make text in 3d with an oblique side. It is possible to widen an entire line of text at the bottom,
but I have not found a way to do this simultaneously in all the letters of a text for each other.
The letters should look like as a gold bar, wherein the upper side is the normal image, and that the wider leading up to down.

This example was made in sketchup to illustrate the letter at te front is a normal given depth, the other is with the oblique sides.

Schermafbeelding 2015-05-09 om 00.01.23.png

I want to convert regular larger amounts of text in this way to print 3D. So it should not be very devious.
I look forward to your response

Frankert

MrToM

Guru
Use the properties panel of the text object to set a 'Bevel'.

First set the extrusion depth to zero...

properties_MT_01.png

Second, adjust the 'Bevel' amount with the 'Width' and 'Angle' properties of the 'Cap' option...

3d_cap_MT_01.png

The amount you can adjust this will be dependant on the font used....some will give you more adjustment than others.

3d_bevel_MT_01.png

Regards.
MrToM.