What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Hello, i need some help with 3d shape and textures

Rokas Domarkas

Hello, I am learning 3d and texture and i want to make something like this ( how can i make these cracks or is it regular texture? ) thanks.

texture and shape.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Rokas and welcome to PSG.

This looks to be an actual metal or even a leather texture. If your really want to match it exactly, try searching Google Images for gold metal or gold leather texture.

hawkeye

Guru
The easiest way is to find a suitable picture, then use it as a texture.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
the cracks are likely to be a normal photographic texture, applied and processed in a normal map filter to add more depth

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Did you apply the material to ALL the faces of the object?

3D_materials_MT_01.png

You may want to try using, or creating, a metallic 'gold' material and adding your 'texture' image as a greyscale bump map, rather than just relying on the image alone....it'll then react with any lights in the scene and change as the object, lights or camera are moved.

There is a 'Metal Gold' material already in the default list of materials.

Just a thought.

Regards.
MrToM.