What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D What brush type for scabbed effect on texture page

Mark Watson

I am currently working on a project in 3ds max and after creating the base colours on my texture page i require some advice. I've decided that the paint on the model is going to be used and scraped on the edges and corners to give it that realistic look. Therefore im not sure on how to apply this on the texture page. Do i import a whole image and then create a brush type or do i use an image and just rub parts of it out leaving some scabs behind ?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
do you have the texture page handy? sometimes its easier for me to give advisory on how to approach something if I can see it.
I've got quite a bit of Max and texturing experience under my belt if that reassures you, if it's a sensitive project that can't be shown publicly I don't mind if you PM me :)