What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Rock You

Very cool Chris nicely done :thumbsup:

Render time is one of the main reasons I don't really use 3D in Photoshop just haven't got the patients plus the fact I can't get my head around it :shocked:

Very cool Chris nicely done :thumbsup:

Render time is one of the main reasons I don't really use 3D in Photoshop just haven't got the patients plus the fact I can't get my head around it :shocked:

Thanks for your feedback gedstar, I appreciate it.

My workflow is also guided by the trial and error method sometimes.
On some days, I do not understand anything. It's very frustrating at times.

Very cool effect Chris. This looks a lot like the old method of extruding using step and repeat.

Yes, I wanted to show the characters as if they were made of rock.
Another 3D attempt with Photoshop.

View attachment 61117

View attachment 61118

The image size is 65 MB.
Rendertime for each image was 9 hours. Isn't that crazy?

I like the outcome of your efforts. :thumbsup:

But by golly.... you've got the patience of a saint!!! What did you do during those 9 hours?

I like the outcome of your efforts. :thumbsup:

But by golly.... you've got the patience of a saint!!! What did you do during those 9 hours?

Thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated.
At 11 pm I pressed the render button, went to bed, though didn't behave like a saint, and in the morning I admired my work. :D

I don't know your mentioned method, when was this?
Your design is much more complicated and involved and is by no means the same as what I mentioned. When I say it looks, I'm only referring to a mild similarity.

The older extrusion method was just simple step and repeat.

There were two ways. One was alt/opt + cmd/cntrl + the arrow keys.
Which looked like this:
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 5.00.43 PM.png

And the other was copy + transform, then shift + alt/opt + cmd/cntrl + T to step and repeat.
It looked like this:
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 5.02.57 PM.png

As I said, not even close to being the same, just reminded me of those old layered extrusion techniques.

Thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated.
At 11 pm I pressed the render button, went to bed, though didn't behave like a saint, and in the morning I admired my work. :D

Ahh..... I didn't figure you left it overnight..... :thumbsup:. I never liked doing that as 50% of the time, I'd end up with a frozen computer in the morning... :banghead:.

Back