What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Missing Features in Photoshop 3D

I work with Photoshop CS6 Extended.
I upgraded from CS5 in December, 2013.

With my 3D work, I came to a limit. I could not duplicate objects, and I could not delete objects from a scene.
I have found a Tutorial that uses these 3D features, but I can't find them in my PS version.

The first screenshot is from the tutorial, the red frame shows the features in the pulldown menu I would like to use.
Duplicating Objects?.jpg

The second screenshot is from my iMac, the little red frame shows where these features are missing. (Sorry German Version).
Duplicating objects missing functions.jpg

Can one of you guru help or explain please, what I should do with this issue.

Regards
Chris

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can't help you Chris, I have CC2015.
I had CS6 but not extended.

peta62

Guru
chrisdesign - I have CS6 Extended on my old laptop, if nobody answers till tomorrow morning, I will check in the office, but I would need description where to find this menu.

peta62
1. Open a new document in PS. Typet in some text.
2. On the top bar you click 3D. This opens a pop up menu. Choose New 3D extrusion.
PSG.jpg

This creates a 3d text.
PSG 3D.jpg
In the 3D menu click on the right corner. This opens another pop up menu. This is the one with the missing features in my PS version.
See my my first post.

Thank you.

gedstar

Guru
Hi Chris

This is what I have on my laptop with CS6 extended, is this the same as what you see.

Untitled.jpg

Is this the tutorial you're following?
http://www.graphics.com/article/building-3d-scenes-photoshop-cs6-and-cc

Just checked it on CC2015 on my PC and the options are there

cc2015.jpg

It would appear you're not alone
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1587746?start=0&tstart=0
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1713603?start=0&tstart=0

Found this thread
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2014209?start=0&tstart=0

I noticed that tutorial is for CS6 and CC so I would assume these options are only available on CC and above

Last edited:
Thank you gedstar for your screenshots and links.

So now I know I'm not alone with the problem.
But it's once more a really irritating way of Adobe to try force people to buy CC. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

3D Menu Items missing.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
I may be missing something, but all you need to do is duplicate the layer, then merge them.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
With my 3D work, I came to a limit. I could not duplicate objects (green), and I could not delete objects (red) from a scene.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Chris, in the properties box, when you select an object, in this case 'wijn' (wine) and rightclick on it there's a dropdown box where on top the possibility to 'delete object'.
In the same dropbox there's a possibility to duplicate objects.

That is for CC2015 but check it out in CS6 extended!

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I may be missing something, but all you need to do is duplicate the layer, then merge them.

Yes but apparently in CS6 only in the layers panel.
In CC2015 you can duplicate or delete an object in the 3D panel without passing the layers panel first to merge the new 3D layer.

hawkeye

Guru
Yes but apparently in CS6 only in the layers panel.
In CC2015 you can duplicate or delete an object in the 3D panel without passing the layers panel first to merge the new 3D layer.

Yes there is an extra step in CS6, but the result is the same.