What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Sci Fi Hover Vehicle

Wow...what a great idea Eggy.
And very precise work too. Wonderful job.
The pilot behind the glass dome looks so real.

Just one thing I noticed. The hover engine on the right wing is slightly higher positioned than the one on the left wing.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Chris.

I checked (rotated the object), the two engines are on the same hight so I think it is an optical illusion.
And of course the pilot was added after rendering the 'old fashion' way in PS.

But I'm not so happy with the composite in general.
Making a 3D object a bit shiny and placing it in a 'natural' background wasn't the best idea. It clashes.

But I wanted to experiment with reflections and shadows the way you do it in your 'steampunk' way and I should have picked an 'artificial' background.

Since steampunk is your trademark the possibilities are infinite. (cfr your unicycle)

But I'm having fun with 3D and just starting to comprehend the possibilities.

I had the same effect with optical illusions on my last work. So it's a important matter for me too.
I had to change the camera view and angle many times to be satisfied.

I think the composite is ok, I like it, though I personally would choose more "harmonizing colors" .
Try to change the green to a turquoise color maybe. Make the blue sky darker wit more contrast. Just an idea?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
PS 3D does strange things sometimes, like making layer disappear ect...
Thanks for the suggestions Chris but I will not spent more time on that project that actually, once again, was just an exercise.