What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Steampunk Clock

This design goes way back to the Victorian Age. Maybe one of my late ancestors did some doodling of a clock on a piece of paper out of boredom somewhere back in 1870.
It found it's way into one of my dreams lately. I met there a strange looking guy wearing goggles with a clock face on each glass.
Anyway, this inspired me to follow up on that funny design of a Steampunk Clock.

The interesting thing about it is the mechanism of the clockwork is controlled in a manner that the watch accomplishes a circular rotation of 360 degrees within 12 hours.

Here is my adapted version for 2016.

Steampunk Clock6 Render Final 1700.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I like the story behind it's creation.....

And it reminds of a 3D model from some time back.

I like that you used brass finish on it - very Victorian steampunk.

I was thinking whether it's too much or needless to add smaller gears on some parts. Just like a real clock, smaller gears would create different (slower or faster?) movements like that of a second hand?

But as it is, it's stunning work, chris.......

Thanks for your feeback dv8. I appreciate it.
l going to try some of your suggestions. If it's an improvement to the image, I'll post it here.