What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Play the Game

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very nice Chris, and crisp as always. :thumbsup:

This seems quite complicated.
Now you have the board but I think the game rules will be even more complicated.

Thanks Eggy, I appreciate your comment.

I guess I'm good at designing 'complicated' images...
...but now someone else has to take over to write the 'game rules'.:rofl:

gedstar

Guru
Looks amazing Chris :thumbsup:

I have to admire your patience, I was actually trying to do some 3D text and got to the rendering, render time 4 hours, hit the Esc key after 15 minutes you could imagine the result :rofl:

Last edited:
Looks amazing Chris :thumbsup:

I have to admire your patience, I was actually trying to do some 3D text and got to the rendering, render time 4 hours, hit the Esc key after 15 minutes you could imagine the result :rofl:

Thanks very much Ged for your feedback.

When I work on a 3D image with many objects as this one, I save a copy every 15 min. (PS crashes sometimes).
Then I render little squares all the time, even before applying color or texture. When I'm satisfied I reduce the image to 30% and render this small size. Takes maybe 20 min. to see the quality I'll get.
I almost always start rendering the big size before I go to bed. So 10 to 12 hours is enough in most cases. Sometimes I'm happy with the quality just after 50 % of the rendering time in the morning after breakfast.
You see, it's not just patience, it's more about a good time management. On the other hand I'm a lucky retired guy with lots of time during the day.