What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D Art Deco Clock

Eggy

Retired Moderator
A wonderful creation Chris.

:thumbsup:

May I suggest to lose the bottom part of the table because the eye is immediately drawned to that part in order to figure out what it is.
Therefore it draws away the attention of the focus of the view namely the clock.
And it might be my eyes playing a trick on me but is the perspective of the table correct in relationship to the clock?

By the way, very impressive work by this Dan Aethermann considering his artwork really works!

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Really nice vibrant work again Chris, my only real concern is the angles and correlation between above the table and below especially the angles of the clock's base compared to the angles of the table's legs.
The clock's face is flat face on to us as viewers but most other things are showing some depth of field/angle, i hope this makes sense my friend?

@ Eggy Paul

Thanks for your comments. Well spotted from both of you.
Let me explain. The clock is done in 3D and is not a real perspective, I choose orthogonal.
The table at the bottom and the BG is postwork in PS.
So I agree I have to remove the bottom part of the table an adjust the perspective on the wooden top to match the clocks pseudo perspective.
The reason for this funny perspective is that I'm going to fit a real clockwork and real digits behind the printed image. Of course I still have to remove the digits from the image.

Thanks again.

A wonderful creation Chris.

By the way, very impressive work by this Dan Aethermann considering his artwork really works!

It's amazing Eggy, all his machines really work. Just click on the R2D2 video for instance.