What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Help Needed: 3D Photoshop object in low quality unless I move the camera!

DavidLoesberg

Hey guys, I posted it on the main Adobe forums (https://forums.adobe.com/message/8778656#8778656) already but got no replies, I have been trying to edit some textures for 3D objects but every time I have the same problem; It seems that even having been rendered, the object still appears to be of a low resolution until I move or pan the camera. Here are some photos of what I mean: Note the difference in quality between the two images (Image while moving is on the left).
Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngAny help is GREATLY appreciated and thank you in advance.

PS: I need the textures to be higher quality so I can make a cover image of sorts.
My Photoshop is set use 3GB of VRAM and ~12GB of RAM.

gedstar

Guru
Hi David and Welcome to PSG

We have some good PS 3D people here and I'm sure someone will come along to help you!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
What's the size and resolution of the picture?
What kind of 3D object is it: 3DS, Obj etc..?

Last edited:

DavidLoesberg

Actually I just upped the size to 10000x5625 with 200px/inch res and it seemed to fix the models resolution but only improved and not fixed the situation with the textures.

Edit: I decided I would do with this and rendered it again after some lighting tweaks to bring out the colour, seemed to work all right- Thanks for the prompt reply anyway.

Last edited: