What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Diamond Quality Control Unit

I had the idea for this concept for quite some time, though I couldn't realize it because I was not in a position to build my own steampunk pipes with my current knowledge of Blender.
In recent days I have worked hard on this image, learned a lot here, but I had yet to overcome some setbacks, before I was able to show this work in the forum here.

I'm open for critique and look forward to read your comments.

Diamond Quality Control Plant Final+Text E  1700.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Chris!

My eye was immediately drawn to these two belts. It seems like the teeth of the gears go right through them. They really stand out to me. If the bars are meant to be part of the belt, then they should cover the entire belt, at least the tops of them anyway.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 4.28.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 4.29.54 PM.png

gedstar

Guru
Very cool Chris, I agree with Sam about the belts
Still another excellent creation :thumbsup:

Rich54

Guru
This looks completely real and convincing. Very impressive. I agree with the comments about the belt. One other thing that jumped out at me is the area below, which is a bit vague. It's not clear to me whether these are supposed to be enclosed cylinders---with tops---that the pipes connect to, or whether they are supposed to be open-top containers that the pipes are dumping foamy liquid into. If the former, then the pipes don't really seem to mechanically connect to the tops of the cylinders. If the latter, then there's not enough of a difference in texture or the way light reflects off it to differentiate the liquid matter from the container walls.

Diamond Quality Control Plant Final+Text E  1700.jpg

Thank you guys for your comments. It's much appreciated.

Thanks Sam! I'll change the belts, they just look good, but are technically not correct.
Thanks Rich54. I also think about adjusting the enclosed cylinders to look more realistic. They are supposed to be connected to the pipes.
Thank you Ged and thank you Eggy for your encouraging feedbacks!

gedstar

Guru
Well Chris that looks so much better, I have admire how much you have learned in such a short space of time.
OK I'm sure it's a hard learning curve but I would be interested where you got started from.
Do you have any good links to tutorials for people here that maybe interested in trying out Blender, including myself :thumbsup:

Regards
Ged

Last edited:
Thanks again for your kind words Ged.

The best thing to start is to google Blender tutorial beginner.
You'll find dozens of tutorials, though the difficult thing is to pick out the ones that will really help you to learn the basics.
This can be a very frustrating process, just don't give up.

Regards
Chris

Last edited: