What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help drawing in an elliptical shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBP

We are trying design a logo that has a film strip and a strip of code in an eliptical shape with two fist similar to the straight blast logo used by Progressive Fighting Systems. How do we bend/draw our film strip/code strip in an elliptical shape?

Use the warp tool >:Edit>Tranform>Warp without really seeing your project it leaves to many guesses but try that

We have tried that. Looked weird. Thanks though. Go to fighting.net See the straight blast logo. The dashed arrows go around the yin yang. We want to make a logo with the film strip and the code strip make that exact elliptical shape. You can also google image PFS and see the old logo. That is what we are trying to do.

I see no arrows I see two hands and a rope
what am I missing?

iDad that "rope" is an arrow, well mulitiple arrows making one big arrow with hands holding it.

i must be going blindLOL I see rope I can't find the other logo"straight blast logo"

i must be going blindLOL I see rope I can't find the other logo"straight blast logo"

Hi iDad, let me try and explain to you

Untitled-3.jpg

The image on the left is "SBP's" web site logo, the one on the right is "fighting.net" logo.

What I am guessing SBP is wanting to do is have the logo for his site "left image" like it is now with the world and the two hands, but in stead of the rope that the hands are pulling he wants it wo be film strip a 35mm negative filstrip folowing the lines of where the rope is but also replacing the rope with the film strip.

SBP let me know if I have explained this wrong?

Ohhhhhhh. Piece of cake! I have the film stripe in my stock, already to place photos in it. Let me is, I'll be back

Not the right shape but it could be

That is correct. Although that is a dashed arrow and not a rope see the arrowhead? Although I want the top half to be a film strip and the bottom half to be a strip the same width with 1's and 0's on it. Binary. We are replacing the world with a CD and keeping the hands we just don't know how to draw in that pattern/path/shape yet. The graphic artist that did was fired and deleted all evidence of the logo files. Sorry for the delay in reply, I couldn't login <shrugs> It is ok now though.

Oh and martial arts factoid of the day: The Hands are not holding arrows but traveling that path for what is a jik chung chui or jik chun choi (depending on who spells it) otherwise called a straight blast. This is a series of rapid punches that overwhelms an attacker and forces them backwards thereby creating your opening to HKE and end the encounter. Bruce Lee said "When in doubt during a self-defense situation, straight blast." Here is a Vu explaining it on the JKD SFS back when he had long hair. Man that's old skool If you are interested enjoy.

I hope I did not bother anyone with my martial arts explanation post. I just thought that if I could explain and show a straight blast it would explain why I want it and exactly why I need the elliptical shape/pattern.

did you ever do the shape?

eh nope. I wish I could say different. Thanks for asking any advice on how to is greatly appreciated.

not sure if you want to but send me your psd file, I'll give it a go for you if i see exactly what your doing I could probably swing it. I'm very trust worthy I will not post anything I'll just email it back my email is at mysite

not sure if you want to but send me your psd file, I'll give it a go for you if i see exactly what your doing I could probably swing it. I'm very trust worthy I will not post anything I'll just email it back my email is at mysite

No offense iDad, but the purpose of this forum is to teach people how to use Photoshop and not to send you some new customers or visitors which you're continuously trying to achieve over and over again. Don't you think that this site already suffered enough from spam?

I was going to help for nothing.... I do that a lot ........... maybe you should pay attention. Did I say anything about paying for it...... maybe someone else will offer,good luck

I was going to help for nothing.... I do that a lot ........... maybe you should pay attention. Did I say anything about paying for it...... maybe someone else will offer,good luck

It's actually you sir who needs to pay attention, because I clearly wrote:
to send you some new customers or visitors
And if you wonder why I brought up the word "customers", check out this thread:

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...-color-dress-proper-shades-light-effects.html

You could always send me the pictures.Click my website and email me. I'll do all ten really well and best of all reallly cheap.

Similar comments in other threads;

To bad I did a real nice banner for the kid too(cheap) Probably figured a way to remove watermark
contact me through my email here I can do very cheap
What your asking for is a bit of a stretch.I'm happy to provide a service real cheap
BTW real cheap you name your price and don't pay till satisfied
big order, I'll do it cheap ... not free.. don't pay till satisfied... click my link e mail me
create it as CMYK or email me I'll do it real cheap

Last edited:
No sir, YOU need to pay attention.

while "Quoting" iDad did you also note where this quote came from.

To bad I did a real nice banner for the kid too(cheap) Probably figured a way to remove watermark

it came from "Freelance work" forum, on this very site, what I don't understand is why you feel you have any right to to make comment on what other people are doing on this forum, one you are not a mod nor are you an admin, second iDad made it clear that he will do the work for a price on many of the threads, the person can ask for it to be done for free or just not take iDads offer up.

The quote that you posted was a wast of time as it was in the right forum, and the person did say that he would pay £30 for the work that had been done, it's right there in the thread title, and yet again in the post it's self, the work was done and then not paid for, I know my self that idad dose work for free, and so do I, if I can do it, but you having ago at someone for asking for any work done to be paided for, which I again must say is stated before hand, is in no way breaking the rulse of the forum and also letting the person know that there is a price well before hand.

iDad is just trying to make a living, as well just like every one else in this world, so if it can be done by doing little bit's of photoshop work here and there, really what is the big problem.

Are you getting upset by all this, because you don't know how to do some of the thing's that iDad is asking to be paid for, so you want him to show you how it's done, if this is the case all you have to do is ask and I'm sure he may do, if not him other people, but all you have done is have a go at iDad for not giving the answer or work for free.

But let's look at it like this, have you told the OP what the answer to his/her question was, i have read the post and it's not there, all you have done is bitched and yet not come up with and answer to the question, do you have an answer? if so why don't you post it and not have a go at other people for not posting it?

Thinking about it all you did was bitch and say nothing that realy helped the OP's question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back