What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to add shadow to boxes?

msignore

Hi. Please see this image:
Code:
i.imgur.com/0cGoY.jpg
How can I create shadow for my boxes like that box shadow? Thank you.

Hoogle

Guru
Is this an error post I dont see any coding just the end of a web address.
Or are you referring to the gradient dark to light then just select the gradient tool in any editing software and choose the colours it will fade from 1 to the other.

msignore

did you see that image? it contains a box (fade from dark to light) and a shadow. i want to know how can I create a shadow like this

Hoogle

Guru
Ok is there an easy way to that image ? I dont know if I was to create that then I would have my background layer create a new layer use the square marquee tool draw out the shape of the gradient select the radial gradient tool and the colours you want it to be in this case a slight dark grey and a lighter grey starting with your cursor at the top line of the marquee selection and about a 3rd in just do a smal gradient to the left. ANd the repeat 1 to the right 2/3rds in. Then select rounded rectangle custom shape and draw it to size on top with right colour selected.
Untitled-1.jpg
I have varied the colours so you may see it better.

nataloran

msignore, your image is just the end of something, I see no box just an edge ! You can also always use the blending option with drop shadows no? (looks like as easy for me but maybe it is not the right image !). Now if not, you can always take a soft black brush and draw a middle size brush under your box where you want that shadows then blur it gaussian and play with opacity and mask if you have too much etc...

I think the blending option is far easier ! Hope it helps

nataloran

Yes the one I saw, see then what I wrote on how to do? Or create a dradient yourself fitting the sample.

Hope it helps ;-)