What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save for web & devices gives incorrect file size information

secdoover

I've been looking all over for information on how to fix this. Either my googling skills need refreshing or it's just not there.

When I go to save for web & devices, it will claim the image is one file size. After saving, however, the gif will be larger. For example, I was just working on an image where save for web & devices says it will be 70.92KB. After saving, it is actually 76KB.

It honestly wouldn't bother me much, but I do some work that must be under a certain file size and this is just driving me insane! I end up saving the file and then having to edit it again because it is too large. I haven't changed anything in PS recently and I noticed this first about a month ago, but it may have been going on before that.

I'm using PS CS5 Extended on W7. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hoogle

Guru
It is only an approximation and a prediction of the file size. by the timr it is rendered and built it could be lower than the predicted amount or higher if the 5.2 KBs is to much difference then you can either delete a frame or apply a tiny crop to the image and that should bring it down to 70 KBs

secdoover

It is only an approximation and a prediction of the file size. by the timr it is rendered and built it could be lower than the predicted amount or higher if the 5.2 KBs is to much difference then you can either delete a frame or apply a tiny crop to the image and that should bring it down to 70 KBs

Well bugger. I thought that might be the case, but I could have sworn it was always pretty dead on for what it would be. Thanks for the help, though. :)