What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with creating a gif

MrMassakka

I want a 400x40 picture. On the right site there is a static logo(layer 1), and on the left site the animation(layer 2).
How can I manage this? Do I really have to paste layer 1 into every frame that I move layer 2 with? Isn't there a easier way to do it? I would always have to rearrange the position of layer 1 in each frame because of the every time different position that it got pasted with...

ibclare

Queen Bee
Not sure I understand all the parts of your explanation/question...
If you mean when you create the layers/frames do you have to merge each layer, then yes. IDK if there might be an action you can create, but if you are going to change the BG as well as the animated part for each each layer or every few layers, then it will be a manual action. That is my understanding. If you need a visual representation of this, let me know. But I think you already how.

Hope this helps you some. :mrgreen:

Hoogle

Guru
an animation with just 2 Layers????????????

If you have an animated gif already and a png version of your logo then you should be able to put that as the top layer and in every frame of the animation make sure the layer is switched on or visible.

MrMassakka

Okay, I found a way, thanks^^

To the latest post: The animation wasn't done at that moment. I searched for a way to animate/duplicate layer 2 and keep layer 1 static. I found out the easiest way would be to duplicate layer 1 every time and merge it down with the new status of layer 2. No idea why it took me so long...

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah you can animate like that I just dont tend to incase I want to come back and edit a certain part later on. my current avatar has nearly 150 layers so really dont want to be reanimating all that if I want to change a certain frame or 10 lol.

ibclare

Queen Bee
That's great if you want to animate one frame at a time right? Am I getting this? You -- Hoogle -- have several layers to define each frame, so you make them all visible when you animate that frame then turn off and go to the next. I merge each one because I let PS do the animating. When I haven't done it in awhile I have to go searching for that tiny arrow and pick "make frames from layers." But... that said, before I actually merge everything down, I make a copy of the psd for editing purposes.

MrMassakka

Hope you can help me with another question without opening a new thread...

I want to speed up my animation. All frames are already without delay.
Instead of another big amount of work (with deleting every second frame), is there another way to speed up the fps?

Hoogle

Guru
yeah I would say that was a bug in the gif try converting all frames to 0.1 seconds

Poxt

Banned
Each frame/layer needs to be complete. That means you need both (A) & (B) images on the same layer.