What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice - two questions...PNG optimization and exporting to PDF...

yoda007

Hello All - hope you can help with some advice -two questions:

1. When saving an image for web I know there are options for jpeg optimization to make the file smaller - how does one do that for a PNG especially one that requires transparencies without making the image look compromised? Seems PNG24 files save larger than jpeg? I am probably doing something wrong?

2. This is a Fireworks question - when exporting a website with multiple pages into a PDF how/where can I set the size for how large the images will open up when they complete their export to a PDF - i.e. when I opened my exported file in Adobe Acrobat the image was massive and I had to set the scale to 50% to fit - I am asking due to emailing PDF's to clients and some are not program savvy and they are unsure where in Acrobat to change the scale - would like to send a PDF that when it is opened the images fit in the screen and do not have to be scaled...

Hope the questions above made some sense..:rolleyes:

Thank you!

peta62

Guru
Hello,
since PNG files have lossless compression, they cannot go below some size for each particular picture, so they have to be larger than jpg if it uses higher amount of its information losing compression. You can check on http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/
Sorry, I am not sure I understand your second question.
Best regards,
Peter