What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WidmarkRob

I have a PSD that is 775 pixels across & 950 pixels down…

Recently learned how to export all of the visible layers that I want… And turned those visible layers into their own JPEG files.

Here is my question:

Those newly created JPEG files, they retained the document size of the original PSD.
775 x 950 pixels…

Does document size count, when it comes to loading images on the web?
Or…
Does only the size of the original layer count?

ibis

Power User
Size counts ;-) like it or not.
Seriously, when you export anything in .jpeg format it is defined with the number of pixels that describe the images width and height.
web use requires certain range of image size that is fast to load in your browser but retain readable quality.
most of the now days displays are set to 1024x768 pixels and you do the math.
when you have to prepare material for the web publishing stick to the pixels in photoshops image size becouse any other measurement may mislead you like cm, mm, inch..

WidmarkRob

okay, do you remember that PSD was working on?
That document is 775 pixels across & 950 pixels down…

I Have Adobe Creative Suite Extended 5.1

File-->Scripting--->Export Layers to Files

Very nice feature…

It automatically creates a JPEG file of all of the layers of your choice (all, visible).

The only thing that worries me about this… The newly created JPEG files retained the same document size of 775 pixels across & 950 pixels down.

That's why I am asking, "does document size matter when it comes to webpages"… As opposed to, "does just the image size matter, not the document size that the image on?

peta62

Guru
950 pixels down hardly fits on the screen, even 17" laptop has 1600x900. And when it does not fit, it has to modify and it takes time, damages picture's quality.