What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animated GIF file size changing

Hey guys,

I could really use some help, I'm rather baffled.

I made some animated gifs the other day for my company to use as ads. Just simple illustrations with about 8 frames. They need to be around 40k, which I was able to do without much issue using the lossy and color adjustments. However the ads got rejected because there wasn't a boarder and the animation played for too long. I shortened the number of times the animation played and added a 1px boarder, and had to reduce the size of the drawings slightly in order for the boarder to fit. Now when I go to save the file size has more than doubled. It seems to be the resizing of the illustrations that is causing this, but I don't understand why making them SLIGHTLY smaller is increasing the file size so much.

Any ideas why this is happening or what I could do to fix it?

Nevermind, I solved it. Seems one of the elements was shifting slightly when I resized the layers and was causing there to be extra animation every frame.