What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web graphics and Retina/4k displays

Marcia Funebre

Traditionally, we created web graphics in screen resolution which for the most part translated to 72 DPI. With the arrival of HD displays such as Retina and 4k monitors I see some shift happening. In order to guarantee optimum display of web design elements wouldn't we have to offer them in future in more than one resolution? I have heard of a server side PHP tool that generates the required graphic files from a source file but I am not sure if that is the best solution. My question would be

Are the resolutions of various HD display devices all different or do they have a standard? E.g. 4k monitors, Retina displays etc.

What might be the best approach to new web designs if one wanted to take the new developments in display devices in mind?