What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with logo design

krneki

Hello,

I'm looking for some help with the following logo design:
logo-test-small.png
- EXCEL must have the same font style (while the name itself will probably change, but that doesn't affect anything else)
- font for "shop" is undefined, so I'd be glad for any font advises here
- background must remain #3f5765, text color must be yellow, but can be in different shade
- logo will be used in similar web design: journal.digital-atelier.com/2/

Apart from mentioned, the biggest problem is that "e" character. I just can't find good font, design and dimensions for it. It just doesn't fit. Could you help me out with that? Thanks in advance!

....the biggest problem is that "e" character. I just can't find good font, design and dimensions for it. It just doesn't fit......

Whenever I'm faced with this dilemma, I just keep searching and trying. If I'm still not finding what I think looks right, I may have to step back and re-think the overall design.

Start looking at other references. Google search for e shop logos.

Font and font choices are like opinions, we all have our own ideas and they're all different.

Both fonts for 'excel' and 'shop' are very basic, and can be found on dafont, while the 'e' looks like it was drawn by hand on a tablet.

The problem you have with the 'e', is that the other two words don't look right together, so if you match the 'e' to one, it will look rubbish with the other. Whereas if you try and get it in-between styles, it will look compromised. There is no alignment to the logo, making it look like it was done by an amateur, so I'm a bit confused at why you are trying to recreate this style.

Just so you know, most websites put their logo in the header section of their website, a bit like this one, so you only needed to state a use for the logo if it was out of the ordinary.

The last bit of friendly advice I will give, is that although Photoshop can create logos, a program like Illustrator will make it a lot easier in regards to editing the fonts in any way, alignment, and scaling different elements of the logo.

The shop font looks like

Register Sans BTN Cn

the excel looks like the font

OpineHeavy or Scream Alternative

the e I just can't make out

I am not no font expert but it's worth to try ...
good luck hope you get this resolved ...

Last edited:

Back