What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploaded photoshoped sliced html website and it sometimes does not finish loading...

Playfulicious

Hello guys,

I have been trying to upload a website theme I created in photoshop. I sliced all the buttons I will be using in the website. After that I save as web, html and images. Then I upload everything to the server. :banghead: !!!

Sometime the websites does not finish loading up the images. Is this an issue with my servers?

Or is this happening because indeed I need to build the website with css and html also?

Ive tested this in all of the browsers including Firefox, Chrome and Explorer and it does the same thing.

Sometimes the website does load successfully and sometimes it does not.

I will upload some images as evidence.

My website address is playfulicious dot com incase you want to test the website yourself.

Thanks in advance.

untitled.JPGuntitled2.JPGuntitled3.JPG

Re: Uploaded photoshoped sliced html website and it sometimes does not finish loading

​If you have sliced and saved out for web i suspect this something with your coding of the site ?

Re: Uploaded photoshoped sliced html website and it sometimes does not finish loading

That happened to me recently and my fix may not be a fix for you though.

I had a layout with maybe, don't remember, a dozen of more splices. I spliced the layout by hand and did use guides.
It acted really weird loading in the browsers and sometimes would hang.

I go back and splice it again ths time using the guides...worked like a charm then.

As far as the code, I checked and it validated, looked the same in all the browsers. loaded real fast do I left it alone and didn't recode it.

Cannot go to link you gave. There's nothing hosted, or an issue with host, etc..

As for issues, what issues are you actually having. When you export properly as HTML and Images from Photoshop it will save as perfectly working HTML and CSS, and you will have to upload all exported files.

If you have issues with links, then maybe you didn't assign a link to a slice, or maybe you don't actually have that page created.

What link Sam?

That happened to me recently and my fix may not be a fix for you though.

I had a layout with maybe, don't remember, a dozen of more splices. I spliced the layout by hand and did use guides.
It acted really weird loading in the browsers and sometimes would hang.

I go back and splice it again ths time using the guides...worked like a charm then.

As far as the code, I checked and it validated, looked the same in all the browsers. loaded real fast do I left it alone and didn't recode it.

Guides shouldn't affect something like this, but may help you to make neater slices depending on what you look for, but are not necessary. The exported code does have "filler", but should be very fast. Perhaps you have a slow connection, and as for the original problem with playfulicious, maybe you edited the code?

Sorry Sam, I saw the two implied links, I was looking for an actual hyperlink. Misunderstood.

Instead pf using <td> you can use <div> class for page division

Back